ARTICLE I : Name and Emblem
- The name of the Association shall be "Persatuan Pembina Semula Kenderaan Perdagangan Malaysia" or in English shall be "Commercial Vehicles Rebuilders Association Malaysia". In brief the name shall be "CVRAM", which is hereinafter referred to as the Association.
- Commercial vehicle rebuilders are companies or individuals who are involved in the production or sales or distribution or engineering of rebuilt commercial vehicles. A rebuilt commercial vehicle is defined as follow:
A vehicle is dismantled into its components. Each component is checked, refurbished and the wear-and-tear parts replaced in accordance with the factory specifications. Only those components that are worthy of refurbishment are retained. Wear-and-tear components like tyres, batteries, etc are discarded and are replaced with new ones. The components, sub-systems and systems are re-assembled to form the rebuilt vehicle. Each rebuilt vehicle is subject to stringent checks and tests to achieve its original specification and performance. Besides, each rebuilt vehicle undergoes various road-worthiness tests. They include brake test, alignment test and smoke test.
ARTICLE II : Registered Place of Business
The headquarter of the Association shall be in the State of Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur. The registered place of business of the Association shall be at Blok B 3-2-2, Megan Corporate Park, Jalan 1/125E, Taman Desa Petaling, 57100 Kuala Lumpur or at such other place as the Executive Committee ("EXCO") may from time to time decide with the prior approval of the Registrar of Societies.
ARTICLE III : Objects
The objects of the Association are:
ARTICLE IV : Membership and Fees
- Ordinary membership of the Association shall be opened to all Malaysian majority companies registered under the Companies Act 1965 and duly licensed by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) as companies undertaking "reconditioning and reassembly of used commercial vehicles", including tractors and heavy machinery for off road use and vehicle body building works and having obtained approval from the Technical Division of the Road Transport Department of Malaysia.
- Such companies or organisations or individuals as approved by the Executive Committee.
- All applications for membership to the Association shall be considered by the Executive Committee, the decision of which shall be final.
- Approved applicants shall become members of the Association only upon payment of the entrance fees and annual fees for the current year.
- The schedule of fees shall be as follows : Corporate Individual Membership Entrance Fee : RM 2,000.00 RM 500.00 Annual Subscription Fee :RM 3,000.00 RM 250.00
- Annual subscription fee shall be payable on or before January 31st of the year. Members who fail to pay annual subscription fee within the stipulated time may be suspended from enjoying the rights and privileges of membership and cease to be a member after due notice from the Secretary.
- All members shall also pay any other fees as may be determined by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- Any member who wishes to resign shall give a month's notice to the Secretary.
- Associate membership and fees:
ARTICLE V : Annual and Extraordinary General and Committee Meetings
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association shall be held before September 30th of every calendar year.
- The business of the annual general meeting shall include the following: a. To receive the Committee's report on the working of the association during the previous year. b. To receive and adopt the Annual report and the Audited Accounts of the Association for the preceding calendar year; c. To elect members of Executive Committee and Auditors for the ensuing year except two EXCO members who have been appointed by the President; d. To decide on other matters as may be put before it
- A notice of the Annual general Meeting stating the date, time and place and calling for motions for discussion and nominations for the election of the Executive shall be sent by the Secretary to all members not less than 30 days before the date fixed for the AGM.
- Nomination for the election of Office-bearers and Members of the Executive Committee and motions for discussion at the AGM must be sent to reach the Secretary not less than 14 days before the Meeting.
- The Secretary shall send to all members at least 7 days before the meeting a notice and an agenda including copies of Minutes and Reports, motions and nominations for the Executive. Committee, together with an Audited Accounts of the Association for the previous year. Copies of these documents will also be made available at the Registered place of business of the Association for the perusal of members.
- The President shall call an Extraordinary General meeting of the Association within 30 days after receipt of a request in writing sent by no less than one quarter of the total Ordinary Members of the Association or whenever decided by the Executive Committee.
- At least 21 days' notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be given to all members of the Association.
- The business of the Extraordinary General Meeting shall be specific in the notice convening the Meeting and no other business shall be conducted or discussed at the Meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least three times a year.